I got a mixed feeling when we arrived on the island. I was in awe when I saw the island but a bit disappointed when I saw the crowd. One of my friend said that it is no more the same island he went way back before the island became mainstream. If you have plans to visit the island, please do your share in preserving the beauty and cleanliness of the island. Sadly, there are plastic trash and liquor bottles already scattered on the beach.
Schedule your trip on the island on the days where the weather is good and the moon is on leave, and you’ll be blessed by the heart melting view of the glitters in the sky. The island also features stunning sunset and a majestic sunrise.
On the following day, we got up early and roamed around and enjoyed the island. Expect crowds taking selfies on the sand bar. The waters are crystal clear and the sand is clear white. Be careful though when swimming because there are riptides on the island. There were also cases of drowning and even death on the island.
- 05:00 Assembly at Cebu City Port
- 06:30 ETD from Cebu to Ormoc via Ocean Jet (500php + 25php terminal fee)
- 09:30 ETD from Ormoc to Palompon via van (110php)
- 11:00 ETA Palompon (225php tourist fee)
- 14:00 ETD from Palompon to Kalanggaman island (220php)
- 15:00 ETA Kalanggaman island