Malumpati cold spring is located in Pandan, Aklan. Nearby is Bugang River which is one of the cleanest rivers in the Philippines.
From Roxas City’s public bus terminal, we rode a van bound for Kalibo. There are also buses available, but they depart by schedule. Vans are also faster since there are fewer passengers and stops . The trip from Roxas to Kalibo took around 2 hours. We disembarked in Kalibo Ceres Bus terminal.
We took the 1:30PM trip bound for San Jose and had the driver drop us in Pandan-Libertad intersection. The trip was roughly about an hour. From the intersection, we chartered a tricycle for our back and forth trip to the cold spring. On the way, you’ll pass Bugang River.
The road heading to the spring was still under construction, no wonder the tricycle driver demanded a higher price.
Upon arriving, an entrance fee will be collected for visitors. The spring is well maintained by the locals and the local government. There are decent and clean shower and comfort rooms.
The spring was indeed cold and deep. There is an improvised diving platform, where you can jump and dive to the deep part of the spring. There are also fresh water fishes on the spring. There are nearby stores on the area where you can have your snacks and there are also floaters for rent.
After we enjoyed the spring, the tricycle driver took us to Pandan’s public terminal where we took a bus bound south. We asked the bus driver to drop us in Culasi proper for our next day adventure. There are trips going south as late as 7PM as stated by the locals we asked. These buses came from Kalibo or Caticlan and are bound for San Jose or Iloilo.
- 09:45 ETD from Baybay to Roxas terminal via jeepney and tricycle (10php each)
- 10:52 ETD from Roxas terminal to Kalibo via van (120php)
- 13:30 ETD from Roxas terminal to Pandan-Libertad intersection (85php)
- 14:45 ETA in Pandan-Libertad intersection (quick break)
- 15:15 ETD to Malumpati Cold Spring via chartered tricycle (400php back and forth)
- 15:50 ETA in Malumpati Cold Spring (40php entrance fee)
- 17:10 ETD to Pandan terminal
- 17:50 ETD to Culasi
- 18:50 ETA in Culasi proper