Libuacan cold spring is a spring where its waters flow to form a river. The spring somehow mimics the Enchanted River, only lesser known. The spring also boasts deep clear water. The place is not yet fully commercialized.
Libuacan cold spring is located in the municipality of Tagbina, Surigao del Sur. Most locals from Tagbina knows the spring and it is very accessible.
How to get there:
- Simply get yourself to Tagbina and hire a motorcycle to take you to the spring.
How I got there:
- Libuacan is one of the spots in our itinerary. We started off from Hinatuan terminal, fresh from our Enchanted River visit.
- From the terminal, we hired a motorcycle to take us to the spring.
What to expect:
- The place is public and no entrance fee yet.
- There maybe locals casually enjoying the spring.
- No accommodation nearby, though there are small stores where you can buy some snacks and drinks.
The spring is quite clean and still has its untouched beauty. Hopefully, it’ll remain as clean as it is. I can only hope for it to remain less commercialized and preserve its natural beauty; and for the visitors to be responsible with their trash and help in retaining the spring’s cleanliness.
There are parking fees for vehicles. There are now also cottages for rent.