Malubog Lake in Toledo City has started to make noise over the internet especially on the social media. The lake is indeed a beauty displaying her magnificence. Silent and mysterious, the lake is worthy of a visit especially for curious spirits out there.If you’re planning to see the lake, see this sample Malubog Lake itinerary and expenses I laid out below:
Before anything else, please see these tips and things to observe:
Tips and Points:
- I suggest you take a local to guide or someone who knows the place.
- There are things that need to be observed while at the lake.
- Also, observe the basic LNT (Leave No Trace) principle. Dispose of your trash properly and do not destroy anything.
- HELP IN PRESERVING THE BEAUTY OF THE PLACE. Don’t be that rude and irresponsible VISITOR.
- The lake looks best when the sky is not gloomy.
- Also, the lake is best viewed on sunsets.
- There is a somewhat like a waterfall, but I’m not sure if the water is clean.
- The tunnel is no more accessible for visitors. Only authorized personnel or residents can pass through the tunnel.
- Biga Pit is also already restricted for visitors by the operating mining company for reasons I don’t know.
- Bring anything that can protect your from the sun’s heat when hiking around the lake, like arm sleeves, caps, and umbrellas.
- Prepare to cross rivers up to knee level especially during rainy season.
- There are plenty of scenic views around the lake, so better ready your cameras and equip yourself with spare batteries and or power banks.
How to get there:
- From Cebu City, go to Cebu South Bus Terminal.
- Take a bus going to Toledo City.
- Disembark from the bus at Brgy. Juan Climaco’s Magdugo Elementary School.
- Go to the nearest intersection heading to Brgy. general Climaco.
- At the intersection, take a “habal-habal” ride to get you to Brgy. General Climaco’s Hall.
- 05:00 Meet-up at Cebu South Bus Terminal
- 05:30 Depart for Toledo City
- 07:40 Arrive and disembark at Brgy. Juan Climaco’s Magdugo Elementary School
- 07:42 Take another 15-minute “habal-habal” ride at the intersection to Brgy. General Climaco
- 08:00 Arrival at Brgy. General Climaco’s Barangay Hall
- 08:00 Start of hike and exploration
- 15:00 Start descent and head to Toledo City proper via jeepney
- 16:40 Arrive at Toledo City public terminal and catch a ride back to Cebu City
- 18:00 Arrival at Cebu City
- 60php – Bus ride from Cebu South Bus Terminal to Brgy. Juan Climaco intersection.
- 60php – Motorcycle ride from intersection to Brgy. General Climaco
- 50php – Breakfast at Brgy. General Climaco
- 50php – Packed lunch
- 10php – “Bangka” fare if you want to cross the lake
- 20php – jeepney fare from Brgy. General Climaco to Toledo City public terminal
- 100php – Van fare from Toledo City to Cebu City
Other expenses depend on your necessities.
If you want to read our experience at the lake, click here.
5 Replies to “Malubog Lake Itinerary and How To Get There”
This is really helpful! How I wish other how-to-go-there posts would be as comprehensive as this one. Not only did you share how to get to the place, but you also included possible expenses, a sample itinerary, and some tips on what to do and observe when arriving at the place. Thanks for sharing, Ji!
Bookmarked! Already informed my friends who are planning to go to Toledo. Added on our list of places to travel. This post is very helpful! Thank you so much!
It looks so lovely up there, don’t you agree?