Malubog Lake in Toledo City has started to make noise over the internet especially on the social media. The lake is indeed a beauty displaying her magnificence. Silent and mysterious, the lake is worthy of a visit especially for curious spirits out there.If you’re planning to see the lake, see this sample Malubog Lake itinerary and expenses I laid out below:
Before anything else, please see these tips and things to observe:
Tips and Points:
- I suggest you take a local to guide or someone who knows the place.
- There are things that need to be observed while at the lake.
- Also, observe the basic LNT (Leave No Trace) principle. Dispose of your trash properly and do not destroy anything.
- HELP IN PRESERVING THE BEAUTY OF THE PLACE. Don’t be that rude and irresponsible VISITOR.
- The lake looks best when the sky is not gloomy.
- Also, the lake is best viewed on sunsets.
- There is a somewhat like a waterfall, but I’m not sure if the water is clean.
- The tunnel is no more accessible for visitors. Only authorized personnel or residents can pass through the tunnel.
- Biga Pit is also already restricted for visitors by the operating mining company for reasons I don’t know.
- Bring anything that can protect your from the sun’s heat when hiking around the lake, like arm sleeves, caps, and umbrellas.
- Prepare to cross rivers up to knee level especially during rainy season.
- There are plenty of scenic views around the lake, so better ready your cameras and equip yourself with spare batteries and or power banks.
How to get there:
- From Cebu City, go to Cebu South Bus Terminal.
- Take a bus going to Toledo City.
- Disembark from the bus at Brgy. Juan Climaco’s Magdugo Elementary School.
- Go to the nearest intersection heading to Brgy. general Climaco.
- At the intersection, take a “habal-habal” ride to get you to Brgy. General Climaco’s Hall.
- 05:00 Meet-up at Cebu South Bus Terminal
- 05:30 Depart for Toledo City
- 07:40 Arrive and disembark at Brgy. Juan Climaco’s Magdugo Elementary School
- 07:42 Take another 15-minute “habal-habal” ride at the intersection to Brgy. General Climaco
- 08:00 Arrival at Brgy. General Climaco’s Barangay Hall
- 08:00 Start of hike and exploration
- 15:00 Start descent and head to Toledo City proper via jeepney
- 16:40 Arrive at Toledo City public terminal and catch a ride back to Cebu City
- 18:00 Arrival at Cebu City
- 60php – Bus ride from Cebu South Bus terminal to Brgy. Juan Climaco intersection.
- 60php – Motorcycle ride from intersection to Brgy. General Climaco
- 50php – Breakfast at Brgy. General Climaco
- 50php – Packed lunch
- 10php – “Bangka” fare if you want to cross the lake
- 20php – jeepney fare from Brgy. General Climaco to Toledo City public terminal
- 100php – Van fare from Toledo City to Cebu City
Other expenses depend on your necessities.